Sunday 9 April 2017

Sandra Lee Schick-Doscher

Today, Sunday 9 April 2017, we were alerted to the sad news that Sandi had passed away. It looks, from her Facebook page, likely that a brief illness claimed her life. Reactions have been swift, and united in sadness. It certainly came as a bolt out of the blue for me.

I copy the tribute posted by my J-land friend Jody Davis-Navakuku.

I woke before the sun this morning, and received the sad news in the cover of darkness, my tears falling unchecked and unnoticed.

Sandi and I went way back to the days of floppy disks and dial-up modems, AOL Journals and chatrooms. We shared a common love for poetry and story telling, of sunflowers and dandelions. We were romantic dreamers and passionate patriots, although on opposite sides of the table. That our friendship withstood this past election is a great testament of just how strong our bond was.

To read of her passing has left me heavy hearted. I have no doubt she is now at peace with Joe, but selfishly I was not ready to let her go.

As bright as the morning dew drop,
As soft as the grass is green.
Go now unto your future
And live your final dream.

Rest in peace and be forever happy my friend.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

May she rest in peace. God rest her soul.

Krissy said...

May Sandra RIP.