Wednesday 25 July 2018

Sam Collins (GABoatman)

News has reached us of the sad death of Sam Collins, formerly known as GABoatman, from Savannah in Georgia, USA. He succcumbed following a lengthy illness on 25 June 2018.

Sam worked at the marina in Savannah, and would be out in boats as part of his job. I remember Sam as a true gentleman who I would have liked to meet, but in the end this never happened. He offered to share an adult beverage on that occasion. Tonight, I raised a glass in his memory. Sam played the guitar and sang as well, and would post recordings on Facebook.Until 2008, Sam would blog on "Docklines".

My thoughts are with his wife Paulette and his extended family. Another J-lander has gone. I am very sad.

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Though I never knew him or read his blog, I appreciate the post. You do a good job of keeping us posted.