Tuesday 22 January 2019

Jeannette Oatley

Although I never met Jeannette Oatley in person, she was one of those people you will not easily forget once encountered. Jeannette was one of my oldest J-land friends, alongside Donna Diggins, who left us in November. Although I am very sad and shocked at her loss, I am pleased that she is now relieved of the pain and suffering that latterly afflicted her. My thoughts are in particular with her husband of 48 years, and with her daughter, through whom I learned of this sad news.

Jeannette Oatley was one of the most prominent members of our J-land community. I initially but knew her as jeanno43, but quickly came to know her by her real name. She has not been well for a long period of time, but with the support of her husband of 48 years, Mike, came through each challenge with fortitude and good spirit. I was quite shocked to learn of her sudden passing, and will carry the memory of her strong spirit and kind heart with me.

No comments: