Monday 25 March 2024

Kath Motherhen / Astoriasand

 The death was announced on Sunday 24th March 2024 of Kath Motherhen, known under the AOL screenname of Astoriasand. Kath was a lovely lady, who'll be sadly missed by so many, not the least in our on-line community. I have managed to retrieve some of her postings on My Simple Rhymes, where she would publish posts in rhyme. Latterly beset by worsening health problems, centered on her breathing, Kath battled her way through a lengthy spell in hospital. Finally allowed to return to her home in West Yorkshire earlier this month, she left this life on Palm Sunday 2024. 

I also found her VIVI award for 2006, which I post below. 



2 comments:

Shauneen said...

Remembering dearest Kath with much fondness! RIP dear friend

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

May she rest in eternal peace!