Saturday 16 July 2011

Sam Shafer / Say it Baldy

On 29 June 2011, Sam passed away at the age of 91. I copy a comment from his blog, posted by his daughter:

Sam Shafer Sam Shafer, 91, World War II veteran. Served in Southwest Pacific. Sam witnessed the first official Japanese surrender at a small island ‘IeSHIMA’ near Okinawa. Sam passed away June 29. He is preceded by his wife, Mary Jane in 1996, and daughter, Rebecca Ouellette on June 9. He is survived by his two older sisters, their families, his sons, daughters, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Sam drove for Greyhound bus-lines for 32 years.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Sam and I were very good friends in J/Land and he was a true Gentlemen.I found out this sad news morning,through my Friend Carlene about Dear Sam.I lost touch a while back after Sam had his stroke.I searched for him on blogger,butI had no success.I wrote to him with no replies.RIP Sam I shall miss you dear friend.Condolances to all Sams family From Kath Motherhen xx

Donna. W said...

Such a friendly soul he was. RIP Sam.