Sunday 7 October 2012

Andy / Andy's Life

Andy died aged 60 around September 15th, 2012. He wrote a blog Andy's Life, which centered on his battle with cancer as well as his former employment with Southeastern Railways in England. Andy came across to me as a gentle soul who enjoyed his time with the railway, sharing stories from along the line with us. He appeared to have overcome cancer last spring, after another bout of radiation therapy on April 1st. However, he suffered a fall at the end of May, just before the last posting on his blog. He had been admitted to Pembury Hospital in Tunbridge Wells. Judging by further updates on Facebook, Andy never got over that setback, and finally came to the end of the line in September.

My sympathies, on behalf of the community, to Andy's family and friends. I'll miss him.

only me!
Andy in the New Forest


3 comments:

Kath said...

Aww how sad Guido.I did read of his death on a post from Lyn in Florida,though I didn't know him well.I think I may have popped into his blog, a couple of times maybe on requests? May he RIP.So young too.Late condolances to his Dear family.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

REGINA said...

though i did not know andy, i send my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. it is so sad to fight so hard this horrible disease, then think you have won, only to have something knock you back down. prayers and condolences to all who knew him.

Jeanie said...

Very sad news! I will miss his railway stories and the little bits about Andy himself which I gleaned from his entries. He was indeed a lovely chap. God rest his soul. May you be at rest now Andy.
Jeanie